Are you and your students using materials in the way they were intended?
There is a category under copyright law known as "fair use" that allows certain groups to use intellectual property deemed to benefit society.
Four Statutes of Fair Use
- Purpose of use (for profit or non-profit)
- Nature of the copyrighted work
- Published works - fair use.
- Out of print original works - fair use
- Factual works – fair use
- Portion used (Is it the most important part, does having that part make the rest of the item relatively worthless?)
- Effect on the market